Monday 30 November 2009

Back on track, again.

Since coming face to face with a brick wall on Friday, yet again, i realised that somehow i needed to film new footage for the second half of my video, while baring in mind that it was not possible to use both of my original cast.

It wasn't until late that night that i was looking back over my blog from the very beginning up to current posts that i was inspired to film the second half of my video with a twist; and this allowed me to alter my cast while keeping the footage of the first scene. It was Sigur Ros's video Hoppipolla that was my source of inspiration; the manipulation of stereotypes and generally the contrast of older generation urged me to use an older cast. With a little taming this new thought of ideas developed into a possible solution. I had told myself that i wouldn't leave it any later than the weekend to get any more filming done and only Elodie was free on Saturday so my Dad would fill in as Connor. Though this didn't mean that the character was changing, only ageing.

My Dad has dark hair similar to Connor's and would be able to carry off an older version on him; to ensure that the link is made by the audience i got a black leather jacket, an ipod and converse to match Connor's clothing from the first scene, each of these items realistic to still have once grown up. This change will additionally be clear to the viewer as text will appear on the clip notifying that years have pasted since scene one.

The narrative flows as the second scene is showing Connor once he has grown up. The relevance of Elodie n this scene is that the second half is only a dream, remembering Elodie when they were younger. She is going to wear the same white jumper again to symbolise her only being a spirt/hallucination, aswell as continuing her identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment