Tuesday 3 November 2009

Over coming difficulties

I set myself a strict deadline which was the weekend commencing 30th of October, this was to allow my initial storyboard and plans to go ahead due to being unable to film the opening scene the previous weekend. And now because I have faced the same obstacle and be unable to film the video I have spent the last few days considering possible alternative which means I don't need to rely on large groups of people to turn up at one place at a specific time.

One idea was that I could film the students at school for the first minute of the video (this is the only part I have been unable to film) the shots I could have taken on the school field and manipulate the angles so that I didn't reveal the school environment as the age I am trying to portray is young adult/university student opposed to under 18s. However despite many people being in the school at an appropriate time to film I would still face the difficulty of directing a large group of people.

And so it wasn't until yesterday when I attended an open day at Birmingham City University that provoked new inspirations for my video.

I am going to film the video as I have directed the two main characters throughout my storybaord. They will be the only people in the shots. I have chosen to do this because it will erase the risk of people not turning up as well as create a focus on the two main characters as these people are the only two relevant to the narrative; the crowd were always 'stand in' cast and so i have interpreted them as just back ground sillohettes. From this theory i developed my idea and have decided to take photographs of people in Leicester perhaps shopping at a busy time so that i can capture the impression of a crowd. With these images i will over lap them with the video so that i can combin my initail ideas of stop motion and my current idea of film. I intend to edit these photographs so that they become sillohette figures and create a background shadow behind the male and female role within the narrative. This concept really inspires me and i feel that it influences many connotations throughout the narrative resulting in the video becoming so much more than what it is on paper.

If i had created a whole new storyboard for the begginning of the video it would have affect all of my research into stereotypes and the narrative would be lost also; I felt strongly about trying to keep the original concept of my ideas and so I have created an alternative idea that when it is finished I believe will not look like any other existing video yet - which is my aim to produce a unique video that would fit into a gap in the mainstream media institution.

No comments:

Post a Comment