Friday 13 November 2009

Debut music video!

After an extremely long and stressful day good things have happened to me! - Finally. There is now a music video that exists and is on the road to completion. I'm sure that i will write lots and lots in detail about the two following clips tomorrow but right now its awfully late and i deserve a good sleep even though i say so myself. :)

I must note however that these videos are very much incomplete as the first scene is yet to have extra cast members edited in using overlapping still images or moving images in a fast motion (this is probably easier to show once done than explain now).

Below is my very first mock of the video therefore its simply just the clips in order of my storyboard and edited to fit in time with the song. I have arranged the clips in order of the narrative and also in relation to the lyrics of the song, hopefully this is noticeable.



Following my progress above i couldn't help myself but immediately continue editing my video. Below i have added a simple dissolve transition between every shot so that they flow smoothly. Although once i had included the transitions i realised that this overlapping of shots meant that i lost 30 seconds of my film time consequently meaning i had to create 30 extra seconds of film to last out the song. And so the finale of the song i have exaggerated with repetition of shots emphasising the impact of what has happened in the shots. Although the song lyrics don't match up with the narrative as they did in the first mock up, this shows an alternative but equally effective version of the video. The repetition shots serve both the purpose of emphasising the moment but also allow my to create the extra film, though more interestingly it introduces a postmodern element by manipulating time and producing a new reality where so many things can happen at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment